Monday, October 01, 2012

Praying for Paraguay: A 365 Day Global Prayer Journey - October 1

Before we pray for Paraguay, I want to pause a minute and look back over the landscape we've covered. We are 75% done with our journey at this point!!!! I hope you've learned much about the faithfulness of the God we serve and what He's up to in this world for His glory! Today's a good place to be reminded that the nations belong to Him as a result of the resurrection:
Psa 2:7-8 ESV - I will tell of the decree: The LORD said to me, "You are my Son; today I have begotten you. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession.
From huge land masses like China, to small islands like Papua New Guinea; from frozen tundras like Greenland to sweeping plains like Australia - it's all His. If you haven't done so in a while, take a minute today to thank God for allowing you the privilege of joining Him on this global prayer journey. It's ok. I'll wait right here....

Done? OK, let's press on and finish well. Read about Paraguay on pages 675-677.

My prayer for today: Lord, we see in Paraguay a nation that has suffered the effects of wars and bad government. We ask for Paraguay to have leaders who lead in righteousness and wisdom. We pray for renewal within the churches and for the Catholic church to be awakened to the importance of Biblical faith. We pray for the churches to demonstrate a balance between the Word and the Spirit and to bring unity among the churches to demonstrate Your love for Paraguay. We pray for missionaries to come alongside the churches and serve them well. Bring many believers from the indigenous population to faith in You. Thank You for the continued work in Paraguay. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: