Friday, December 07, 2012

Prayers for United States of America: A 365 Day Global Prayer Journey - December 7

For the next 5 days we are praying for my own nation, the United States of America. This is one of the hardest areas of the prayer journey for me personally to write about. It's so hard to communicate my heart when I'm this close to the situation - to strike the right balance of prophetic challenge, humility, and hope. For the reality is this: Just as we need Jesus no less than anyone else in the world, the Gospel's power is no less effective for the United States than it is for all the war-torn corners of the world we've visited. We're not better than the rest of the world - but we're not worse either. Hallelujah, the ground is level at the foot of the cross.

Please read pages 861-870 to get an overview of where we're going the next few days, then watch this video to get started in prayers for my country, the USA.

http://youtu.be/8eAK1Su3b9I


No comments: