Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Praying for Indonesia: A 365 Day Global Prayer Journey - July 11

Before we continue with today's prayer, I feel prompted to ask you a question.

Do you ever feel distracted, confused, or unengaged when you pray for the world? 

I ask that question because honestly, I struggle with this every week as I write these blogs. Over the past six months, I've come to recognize this as the work of the enemy. Missionary friends have told me how much less confusion they face when they are home visiting than when they are on the field. This year, I've experienced that personally. I suspect it might be the same with you, because Satan does not want prayer happening - especially prayer for corners of the world where he has a firm stronghold that God wants to tear down! So I want to share with you the solution the Lord has given me:

Pray earnestly for God to give you a heart for the country for that day. Then simply move forward in faith, not waiting on the feeling. Begin to read and pray and watch the video, and every time a distraction, confusion, or sense of disengagement hits you - pray again for a heart for that country. You'll probably be amazed, like me, how God answers that simple prayer.

Press on, dear friends. Stay in the battle! It matters, or you wouldn't be experiencing opposition.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we pray for the Indonesian island of Kalimantan. Please read pages 459-460.

My prayer for today: Oh Lord, we thank You for the Christian presence on this island, but our hearts are grieved that the church is not making a clear break from the spirit world. We ask You to raise up leaders for the churches. Train those called to leadership and bring the church to maturity, Give them a vision for outreach. Guide leaders to discern culturally appropriate forms of the faith that do not compromise in the least area. Lord there are so many unreached as well. We pray for Christians to surrender their anger to You about these migrants and be filled with love instead, to reach out in love for Your glory. Bring a strong church to this island, in Jesus' name, amen. 

No comments: