Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Prayer Request Close to your Hearts

I received the most awesome phone call tonight.

I know that older women are supposed to teach the younger, according to Titus 2, but tonight I was definitely the student. I pass the story along because I know this prayer request will hit close to your hearts.

A college student who is very dear called me tonight. She is called to long-term field service like you are doing, and is in a ministry program at a denominational university to prepare. She called tonight to request prayer from me and others about a summer opportunity working with an orphanage in Kenya. Sarah is considering serving there for most of the summer. She has been assured that this is a true "working" opportunity - her role would be to serve wherever needed in the orphanage. She is really praying about this as a possibility. Sarah has a clear call for the kingdom and has a passion for orphans, but isn't sure if this is God's plan for her summer or not. Please join me in praying for Sarah to have very clear guidance about God's plan for how she spends her summer.

I know you will rejoice as I did when I tell you that Sarah told me her summer isn't her time, it's God's time. She also has been convicted that God doesn't want her to spend her Christmas break "vegging" but instead to offer herself in service to her church.

What a powerful lesson! I think of what I hear on one of my praise and worship CDs ... a live version of "I wanna see Jesus lifted high" ... the worship leader says "This is not a youth movement ... this is the church." Folks, if Sarah represents the heart of the future of the church, then we have a lot to look forward to!

Be encouraged. Be renewed in your own passion for service. Know that there are young people out there getting it right from the beginning! And please, pray for Sarah.

No comments: