Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Prayer for Kidnapped US Aid Worker in Afghanistan

My heart is heavy today for a US Aid Worker in Afghanistan who was kidnapped Saturday. My grief only deepens at the lack of coverage in the US press. I was shocked when the 23 Koreans kidnapped last year were not covered, but assumed if they were Americans it would be. Now, I'm not so sure.

All I know is that the body of Christ needs to be aware of what's going on. Kingdom work comes in many forms, and the practical help and service that Cyd Mizell provided through the Asian Rural Life Development Foundation is a critical part of meeting people's needs. As a testimony to the effectiveness of her service I am including a link to an article from MSNBC that amazed, impressed, and convicted me.

500 Afghan women in a conservative province took a rare and significant risk on behalf of Cyd. They gathered to protest her kidnapping. They prayed for her in a public setting.

I posted here recently about being a good ropeholder. Well, part of that is information. And part of it is prayer. So, here is the information. Let's all join in prayer for Cyd. Let's raise our voices to the One who sees and knows where she is, and is with her in this.

And please, pass the word. I'm tired of people not even knowing about this story. 500 women in a closed country gathered to protest and pray. In our open society, we should get this word out and at least 500,000 should be praying!

Thanks for YOUR prayers and faithfulness on behalf of the kingdom.

Afghan women protest American kidnapping
By NOOR KHAN
Associated Press Writer
The Associated Press
updated 6:50 a.m. CT, Tues., Jan. 29, 2008

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5983112/

No comments: