Saturday, August 04, 2007

God's Special Presence

I've just spent much of today with my head in books about persecution in preparation for a term paper I'm writing. One key theme that has emerged is the presence of the Holy Spirit in a special way with those who are persecuted or suffer for the sake of Christ. As I go about my daily tasks to wrap up the night, I am reflecting that truly, the deepest valleys of my life have brought His most intimate presence. And I haven't ever been persecuted, and have really not truly suffered that much.

But I know that many of you are enduring trials right now. Trials of faith, suffering in a sacrificial sense, maybe even persecution or the fear of it. Surely many of the people you are ministering to face that reality.

Take heart! God's presence is strong when we suffer; His power is made perfect in our weakness.

No comments: