"Behold, the days are coming," declares the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land-- not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD. They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it. (Amos 8:11-12 ESV)
Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law. (Proverbs 29:18 ESV)There's a reason why believers imprisoned for their faith throughout the world are typically denied a Bible.
- It is the means He uses to impart faith to our souls so we can believe and increase our faith as believers. (Romans 10:17)
- It teaches, reproves, corrects, and trains us for righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).
- It's living, active, and pierces the deepest parts of our soul. (Hebrews 4:12).
- It gives us encouragement and hope. (Romans 15:4).
- It is eternally written in the heavenly places, so it can never be eradicated by man. (Psalm 119:89). This means it withstands every effort to destroy it, minimize it, or doubt it.
- When it is taught by pastor, teacher, evangelist, prophet, or apostle, it builds up the church. (Ephesians 4:11-16). Embraced by enough people, it has the power to transform a society.
- Wherever it is proclaimed, it goes forth with power - even if the proclaimer utters the verses with disbelief, sarcasm, or wrong interpretations. It never returns empty. (Isaiah 55:11).