Monday, July 05, 2010

Psalm 134

Praise the Lord, all you servants of the Lord,
Who minister by night in the house of the Lord.
Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the Lord.
May the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth, bless you from Zion.

----------------

As we journey through life we meet fellow travellers along the way. Some journey with us for a lifetime; others for a season; still others for only a brief period of time. It doesn't matter how long we journey with another believer; our goal should be to use the gifts God has given us to impart grace to their walk with the Lord. We can encourage each other to love and good deeds and most of all, to a life of worship.

What a beautiful benediction for the journey we've been on together. Just as the travelers would end their journey with this benediction, so we who journey together can receive this as a blessing from the Lord for each other.

Thank you for walking through this Psalms of Ascent journey with me. God has been pouring into me through these Psalms this entire year, and it's not over yet. He's called me to stay in these Psalms in my quiet time for a season. They are now part of my Scripture memory file cabinet, and for the last few weeks God has "sung me to sleep" with these words, as I start at Psalm 120 and recite until I fall asleep (usually somewhere around Psalm 125 ;) ). I've enjoyed processing what I'm learning through these blog posts. But now, we each continue on our own journeys with the Lord. I'll continue blogging here, and I hope our paths cross again. In the meantime I can think of no better benediction than this Psalm and a song that takes some of its lines from the blessings in the Psalms of Ascent.

May the Lord bless you all the days of your lives -- so that you can be a tremendous blessing to many!

No comments: