Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Transitions

One thing God has made clear to me over the years is that statis is not an option. I will always be changing and transitioning. If I stick with Him by walking in the Spirit, I will be making progress. I don't want to consider any other alternative!

But right now I am in a period of transition that is a bit more intense that other times. Specifically, I am sorting through with God a number of ministry involvements - including this blog.

I absolutely love writing. I love this blog and I'm passionate about encouraging people to be on mission for God. But I don't know what God's plan is for this blog right now.

Part of it is an issue of priorities. I'm in the last year of an intense study program, and this year is more intense than the others. God has already made it clear I am to lay down some other things to focus on "finishing well" in my studies and in particular my research projects, which are ministry-related, will take more of my time.

But it's more than that. Ideas and analogies for the blog used to "flow". Now, I receive a lot from the Lord which I put in my journal, and often share with others in a one-on-one basis, but don't feel I should write up for the blog. Not sure what's up with that. I've considered that God is changing the purpose of the blog. I've also considered that He is opening up alternative opportunities to share what He teaches me. Another possibility is that He just doesn't want me to get prideful about writing, so calls me to lay it aside from time to time. All I know is that right now this blog, along with many other things, is on the altar.

I'm not taking it down, and it is my full intent to post at any point God puts it on my heart. What that is going to look like, I don't know. But please pray for me, as I am in a transitional phase of ministry. I'm really excited. The last time this happened, God drew me into my study program and opened the door for a World Christian Women group in my home - as well as guided me to start this blog. It was a major change in my life that came after 3 1/2 years of ministry directed at one individual God told me to lay down other areas of service to love. I don't know where this is going but I know I want to be led by Him, and I know if I am, it will be amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting God direct you in all that you are apart of. He has season for us and if this is a no blog season then so be it. Thank you! Laura M.