Thursday, February 01, 2007

Are you watching???

Psalm 5:1-3 Give ear to my words, O Lord;consider my groaning. Give attention to the sound of my cry,my King and my God,for to you do I pray. O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch.


Getting up in the morning for prayer time is a sacrifice! It is also a joy and the highlight of my day ... but especially on these cold mornings, it can be a sacrifice.

David's words are encouraging to us all - God will hear our prayer. This man after God's own heart prayed and WATCHED! (The Hebrew indicates "eagerly watch").

Are you watching for the answers to your prayers today? If we believe God is really going to answer them - why not start watching?

Last Friday I sent out a prayer newsletter to some friends. My mother-in-law was one of the subjects. She had injured a rib and was in severe pain. Her health conditions prohibited her from taking enough painkiller to ease the pain. I asked for prayer almost in passing, and forgot about it. Then on Monday morning she announced that she woke up during the night pain-free. I suddenly remembered the prayers! God answered them ... but I had forgotten to watch.

What a great reminder this Scripture is ... pray - then watch!

Don't forget to watch today!!!

No comments: