Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"I will not be moved"



I love this Natalie Grant song because it is my life story. After being the wayward child, I questioned everything about what I believe and why. I still ask more questions than anyone I know! I often say that it's impossible to ask a question I haven't asked.

As the song notes, sometimes I don't feel "spiritual" enough to pray and have to rely on the truth that it's not about me anyway. Too often I've kept score of what I gave up. I'm the "willing" servant who becomes unwilling when push comes to shove and has to go kicking and screaming into new territory.

But I always know that HE holds on to me far tighter than I grip His hand. And all the struggle and chaos lands me firmly in His arms. I love Deut. 33:27 - "The eternal God is a dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms". Truly, my brokenness has been the path on which I've learned about His grace.

If my life story has a lesson for anyone else it's that God's shoulders are big enough. Big enough for your struggles...your questions...your challenges. Big enough to see you through today and bring you more into the image of Christ tomorrow. Big enough to keep you from moving - even when you try.

No comments: