Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Encouragement of Scripture

For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Romans 15:4

Are you needing some hope today? Are you having trouble enduring, wondering when anything is going to change? This Scripture tells us that the formula for hope is perseverance + encouraging Scripture.

I don't pretend to have all the theological questions answered, but I do know that Scripture (Paul specifically references the Old Testament!) has encouragement that can provide us with hope.

So, today I give you a Scripture filled with hope!


Zephaniah 3:9-10:
For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, That all of them may call on the name of the LORD, To serve Him shoulder to shoulder. "From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia My worshipers, My dispersed ones, will bring My offerings."

No comments: